Archive for October 2009
I am designing a personal website and have made the following notes on design and layout topics.
The primary purpose of the gallery is to hold a small number of photographs which I feel are worthy of attention.
- High resolution and quality images.
- Minimalist layout. Black with grey navigation objects and numbers.
- No notes or text, but figure number only on photo pages.
- One photo per page.
- Index of photos on the last page. To show location and date only.
- Technical data to be available on other photo collection pages.
An informal collection of photos.
- Notes and technical data included with images.
- Small, medium resolution images.
- Grouped by dates, subjects or topics as appropriate.
Site Notes (About?) Page
This page will contain a general description of the site.
- Explanation of site navigation.
- Contact etc.
Should be standardized throughout the site.
- Forward/back arrows.
- Link to topic main page and home page.
- Can be flexible to suit topic.
Using minimalist templates (few as possible.)
- Slight variations accepted for content.
- Colours and navigation object position.
- Used for explanation sites.
- Identified in my site.